SEO (Search Engine Optimization) has never been my favorite area of online marketing. As an experienced web developer, I have good broad knowledge of SEO, but I’ve never had the time or desire to sort through the hundreds of thousands of conflicting pieces of advice published online. Implementation matters so much more than theory, and I know SEO can go very wrong very quickly.
With some new personal projects in the works that required me to buckle down and learn SEO, I decided to try the DIY SEO Course by Rebecca Gill. Even though I’m still working through it, I can tell you this course is a winner. It’s structured in a logical way that builds your knowledge, and doesn’t shy away from the fact that optimizing your site is work. It requires research, planning, and doing homework. Rebecca is an outstanding teacher and the authenticity of her message “this takes work, here’s how to do it” resonates with me. I’m excited about putting what I’m learning into real world practice.
This coming January, Rebecca’s offering “SEO Bootcamp” in Dallas on January 11-13. Based on my online course experience, this is going to be a phenomenal opportunity. I know it will enhance the services I offer to my clients and take my personal SEO skills to the next level. As an added bonus, the event is being held at this gorgeous facility.
Is it right for you?
If you’re a blogger, content creator, or have any type of online business that benefits from SEO, I’d strongly recommend attending. This type of immersive, hands on experience really cannot be beaten. SEO Bootcamp is limited to a small group of students in a very appealing setting. You’ll be able to ask questions, clarify strategies and get one on one coaching.
Straight from the source, here’s what bootcamp covers:
What You’ll Learn at the SEO Training Workshop
- What really matters to Google and other search engines
- How to audit your website content and architecture
- How to review competitors and learn from their activities
- How to research keywords and map them to your website content
- How to optimize website content
- Why social media matters to search engine optimization
- How to properly use Google Search Console to jump start SEO
- What you’re missing in Google Analytics
- How to safely build links
- What local SEO is and how to properly apply it to your marketing efforts
Why SEO Training Will Make a Lasting Impact on Your Marketing
- We’ll explore a topic, then immediately perform activities in class
- You’ll use our templates to guide you along the way and make sure your activities are on track
- We’ll review your work in class so we can discuss your progress
- You’ll have homework to reinforce what you’ve learned
- We’ll be in a small, intimate group so collaboration can enrich the educational experience
- You’ll learn directly from someone from a digital agency with real-world knowledge and tangible SEO results
- Information will be presented in an easy to understand format that you can immediately apply to your website or blog
- We’ll walk through a proven step-by-step process for end-to-end SEO